Welcome to the Admin Loop Resources! Here you will find several resources that can help you with your blog, website, forum or online business. Resources range from templates, plugins, graphics and online tools. If you have suggestions, please feel free to let us know by sending us an email.
- Google Trends – Online search tool to see how often specific search terms are entered into Google over a period of time.
- HubSpot Blog Ideas Generator – Let HubSpot come up blogging content ideas for you.
- Make A Website Hub Blog Post Idea Generator – Enter some terms you would like to write about and get a week’s worth of blog post titles.
- Online Business Idea Generator – Generates a few random business ideas for you.
Free Name Idea Generators
- The Name App – Check if your project/business name has available domains and usernames on major social platforms.
- Hipster Business Name – Need a cool hip name for your business or project? Use the Hipster Business Name generator.
- Impossibility – Helps generate a name & domain name (that is available!) for your project.
Free Websites & Hosting
- Moonfruit – Easy to use responsive website/online shop builder.
- Site123 – Build a free website without the need for design/coding skills.
- Weebly – Create a free website, store or blog.
- Wix.com – Build stunning websites with ease.
Free Web Hosts
- Freehostia – Free hosting service.
- Hostinger – Build and host a website for free.
- WordPress.com – Create a free website or blog with WordPress as your backend.
- x10Hosting – Our personal favourite free web hosting service.
- 000WebHost – The most popular free web host with cPanel, PHP & MySQL support.
- Grammarly – Write bold, clear, mistake-free content for your site.
- ZenPen – A minimalist writing area that helps block distractions.
- bbPress – Forum software for WordPress, made the WordPress way.
- Contact Form 7 – Handle multiple contact forms for your WordPress site with CF7.
- OnePress Social Locker – Lock your site content behind social buttons to improve your social presence.
- ThirstyAffiliates – Manage your affiliate links easily on your WordPress site.
- Popups by OptinMonster – Grow your email list by creating popups to convert visitors to subscribers/customers.
- Yoast SEO – Improve & manage your WordPress search engine optimization easily.
- Free Forum Ranks – A resource blog that is a useful collection of free ranks/userbars for your forum. All content is free to use and some contain PSD files to allow full customisation.
- Free MyBB Themes by ThemeHouse – Selection of premium themes released for free by ThemeHouse for MyBB.
- SolarWind Theme – A beautiful and sleek light theme for phpBB, released for free (may have issues with the latest versions of phpBB)
- Google Fonts – Free & Open Source fonts hosted and licensed by Google.
- Font Squirrel – Free to use (personal & commercial) fonts collected in one place including a preview system.
- Fontface Ninja – Seen a font you like? Identify a font, try it out and buy it/download it using Fontface Ninja, a free to use browser extension.
- 1001 Free Fonts – Large collection of free fonts.
- Font Awesome – The extremely popular choice for a large number of websites. FontAwesome offers vector icons and social logos for your website using just HTML & CSS without the need to download & store images.
- Iconfinder – A large collection of premium and free to use icons for all purposes. Licenses may differ, with many icons not requiring an attribute to the designer.
- Flat Icon – A search engine for high-quality icons that are vectors (and therefore completely editable!). Can be used for personal and commercial projects.
- Icons8 – Free icons in a variety of designs to fit perfectly with your project. Designs include Windows, Android and even Doodle.
- Material Design Icons by Google – 750 glyphs containing icons used across apps such as communication icons.
- Placeholder.com – Free placeholder images provided using a simple URL for your website.
- Pexels – Free stock photographs that have been shared by photographers. All photos are able to use for personal/commercial use and do not require an attribute.
- Pixabay – Royalty free stock photos and videos. Can be used for commercial purposes and does not require an attribute.
- Picography – High resolution and free photographs for commercial and non-commercial use.
- Splashbase – Free and high-resolution images.
- Unsplash – Beautiful free images provided by talented photographers. Crediting to the author is not required.
- Canva – Online image editor to create free designs perfect for your website, app and social media. Graphics include blog banners, twitter banners and social media posts.
- Pixlr Editor – Free online editor to create images for your website. Complete control is given to you including the ability to add layers, import images etc.
- Placeit – Premium editor with templates to easily create mockups, logos, videos and designs in just a few seconds.
- Gravit Designer – Gravit Designer is a free graphics editor that can be used online or downloaded as a program.
- Compressor.io – Compress and optimise any image you have easily.
- Image Optimizer – Resize, compress and optimise your image files easily. You can also download their free program to do easily from your computer without needing to visit the website.
- Dynamic Drive Image Optimizer – Easy to use tool by Dynamic Drive that allows you to choose a file type for your optimised images. You also are provided with several images with varying file sizes & optimisation to choose from.
- Google Pagespeed Insights – Analyse the content of any web page and receive suggestions on how to improve page speed.
- SERP Rank Checker – Use this tool to check if your domain/website if & where it ranks on Google for a specific keyword.
- XML-Sitemaps – Free online Google sitemap generator for your website.
- MailChimp – Collect subscribers and send up to 12,000 emails per month for free.
- Bitly – Shorten, share, manage and analyse links for social media.
- Premium Pixels – Collection free design resources created & curated by a UK based web designer (Orman Clark)
Notes & Tracking
- Trello – Boards, lists & cards to help you organise and prioritize projects.
- Evernote – Use notes, voice & pictures to keep track of what’s important.
- Pocket – Save articles, videos & stories from any website or app in one place.
Other useful stuff
- Forum Promotion – Promotion forum containing resources and services for your project. You can also discuss and gain feedback for ideas/projects that you have.
Last Updated: 16/02/2019